When deciding between a photographer and/or videographer, there are several pros and cons to consider. One Fine Day wants all our brides to be 100% satisfied with their choice, so we’ve created a short list of things you should consider beforehand.
Photographs are timeless and have been the go-to way to remember big moments in life. When choosing your photographer, here are a few questions to ask to make sure you make the best decision.
- What is the photographer’s style? Is it light and airy? Is it bold and dramatic? Traditional versus modern? You want your pictures to reflect both you and your groom’s style!
- Do you want the photographer to stay the whole wedding, or just for the main moments?
- Do you and the photographer get along well? Do they make you feel comfortable? Will they be accommodating if something unexpected comes up?
- How will you get your pictures back when they’re ready? By print, digitally, or both?
Videographers have become a huge trend for brides too. Videographers are able to capture elements that photos can’t, such as sounds and the atmosphere of the day. Ask similar questions when considering who to hire to video your wedding, along with a few extra like…
- If all you’ve seen so far are clips of their work, ask to view a full version to get the full effect
- How do they do sound? Some videographers will set everyone talking up with mics, while others forgo the sounds of the actual day and have the video set to music. It’s just a matter of preference that both end up sounding great!
- How many people will be there to help shoot footage? Will there be a small team or just a couple of assistants?
- On average, how long does it take to get the finished product because we know how excited you’ll be to relive the best day of you life!
No matter which you decide, photographers and videographers all have different styles, so don’t be afraid to shop around and seriously consider what reflects the two of you best!